From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:38:07 -0800
You can either mark your bad sectors with scan disk or Norton utilities
disk doctor so the OS will avoid them or you can attempt to fix them but
going to the Western Digital web site and downloading their low level
format utility for that particular drive. There is a very good chance that
this will fix it .....you may have to run it multiple times. It will
completely clean the drive attempting to restore it to factory
specifications...all data....partition tables ......boot sector
......everything will be removed so back up anything you care about before
you run it. When it's done you can treat it like a brand new
drive...FDISK..and high level format.

                                  -----