From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 07:41:24 -0700
At 12:31 AM 10/29/98 , John G. Cakars wrote:
>Packard Bell, Evergreen 200 MxPro upgrade, Win95a,
>Aztech Labs Galaxy Washington 16 sound card
>
>My system will not play WAV files.  I have no idea why.  Is there a way
>to diagnose the problem?  I run into WAV files on Web sites.  Should I
>care if I cannot hear WAV files?
>
>My Packard Bell fax-modem/sound card is made by Aztech Labs.  The
>fax/modem part of the card is disabled, because I'm using an external
>modem.

Are you sure it is not playing the *.WAV files, (are you receiving an error when
you attempt to play them??)...  or is it that you just cannot hear these files
when they are played??

The first thing to check on your system is for any application that can adjust
the volume settings for Wavs...    oft times your sound volume application can
be set for individual volume control for WAVs, CDs, MIDIs and so forth...  and
an application can modify the volume settings for just one of them.

If you have a speaker icon in the system tray, (lower right hand corner), double
click on it.  This will give you the advanced display for volume.  Check to see if
MUTE has been enabled for any of the sound controls.  It might be just that
simple.

Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
Listserv Owner   PCBUILD  -  PCSOFT