From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:56:12 -0700
Hi Moira,

>MCT oil has come to my attention as an antifungal. Would this be a more
>natural one than nystatin? I am very uncomfortable with nystatin.

Nystatin causes diarrhea, gastrointestinal distress, nausea and vomiting.
Individuals who are highly sensitive to corn or sugar could also be
bothered by the cornstarch, which can be used as a binder in tablet forms
of medication or the corn syrup, sugar or dyes used in the liquid
preparations.

Lloyd Rosenvold, MD, in his book, Can A Gluten Free Diet Help, How?
mentions that there is a generic brand of Nystatin sold by a large drug
firm in New Britain, Connecticut, the H.L. Moore Co. They sell wheat and
lactose free tablets.
Lederle sells powdered nystatin.

I was given nystatin for sores in my mouth. These did not fully disappear
until I started eating gluten free.
(What is MCT oil?)

Have you read Is This Your Child by Doris Rapp, MD.?  Maybe there is
something else that is causing the yeast. Dr. Rapp attempts to list every
chemical cause of behavioral/physical problems and does it well. She also
explains both pharmaceutical and natural remedies for yeast. Some examples:
broccoli, horseradish, kale, cabbage, milk free lactobacillus, Taheebo tea
(Pau d'Arco), Candida Cleanse.

Also, Scott's Celiac Pages http://www.celiac.com lists in his Safe and
Forbidden foods,  other items than food that cause reactions: playdough,
the glue on envelopes and stickers, crumbs in the toaster, toothpaste, etc.

Thank you for the information about hunters and about Whole Foods selling
buffalo suet. Does this chain have store in Bellingham?

All the best,
Susan  (who is looking for hunters and wild suet in BC)