NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Carrie L. Micko" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:47:42 -0600
I was just wondering, does anyone ever recover
from milk allergy? I wonder if anyone has checked
into whether fasting would help. Or perhaps strict
avoidance for a prolonged period combined with a
cleanse of some sort. I suspect that some of my
sensitivity may have occurred as a result of
triple immunization for small pox as a teenager.
The thought was to stimulate the immune system to
try to get rid of warts. I now understand that
bovine blood products were (are?) used in it. I
seem to have trouble with beef too. My grandmother
was one of the first to be immunized for small pox
and nearly died of it. Her friend did die. Her
first daughter (my aunt) could tolerate no cow's
milk in her bottle. Her second daughter got
juvenile diabetes at age twelve and my mother
became diabetic in her 40s. I understand cow's
milk protein sensitivity and diabetes go hand in
hand, as do enlarged tonsils and adnoids, which
also plagued all of us. I just wonder how much of
this milk allergy problem is related to tampering
with our immune systems. Is there any way to
desensitize? Has any other allergy been
desensitized or overcome? Could that method be
extrapolated? Based on what I've read about
homeopathic medicine (which is very little), I
don't think the "shots" method would be a good
idea. I don't want to weaken the body to the point
it can't produce symptoms. Since the severity of
reaction can vary over time, I just wonder if
anyone has figured out how to give it a nudge when
it seems to be improving and get it to go all the
way to being overcome. Has anyone else got any
theories?