NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:25:51 EST

<<  From: Shirley Sippel

 > Change of subject here, could anyone give me a  list of the
 ingredients
 > of the brown sugar and cinamon poptarts. I can't find them locally
 and
 > would like to make sure they are safe for my multiple food allergic
 son
 > before I make an all out effort to find them.

The low fat version ingredients:
brown sugar cinamon filling (brown sugar, dextrose, high fructose corn syrup,
water, enriched wheat flour,crackermeal,glycerin,modified wheat
starch,cinnamon,partially htdrogenated soybean oil, xanthan gum), enriched
wheat flour, sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, high fructose corn
syrup, salt, leavening(sodium achid pyrophosphate, baking soda), sodium
stearoyl lactylate, diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono and diglycerides,
gelatin, carmel color, nicinamide, reduced iron, vitamin
A palmitate, pyridoxime hydrochloride(vitamin B6)  riboflvin(B2) thiamin
hydrochloride (B1) and folic acid.

My son is egg allergic and CANNOT have the "full fat" version.  It has dried
egg whites or something if I remember correctly.  Low fat=3grams fat, regular
6 or 7?
They are yummy!!!!!
Good luck.
Lisa, mommy to Andrew (milk,eggs,peanuts, oats)