BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Norm/Ilene Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 22:23:56 -0500
The West System is from Bay City, Michigan.  It is manufactured by the
Gougeon Brothers, who developed it for their boatbuilding business.  I
have not tried it yet for wood repair, but I have talked to at least one
contractor in mid-Michigan who has used it as the alternative to
Abatron.  It was also used for restoration at Wingspread, discussed in
an amazing presentation at last year's APT conference in Chicago.  I
noticed that it is now available in our local hardware store in Ann
Arbor, so maybe its use is spreading.  It is still an epoxy system, and
not acrylic.

Ilene in Ann Arbor