Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 20:49:24 -0400
I'm not at all sure that this is the correct list to post this to but since
the problem was caused by a memory upgrade I'll try PCbuild.  I have a
CompUSA build-to-order P II 266, 64 MB SDRAM with a BCM Research 630
motherboard running Win98.  That's a 440LX chipset. The bios are current
from BCM.  The board will support up to 384 MB.

Today I installed an additional 64 MB SDRAM.  It seemed to go well.  The
memory was recognized at memory check and in Win98.  No problems in any of
my programs.  Then I discovered that the machine won't wake up from standby
anymore.  It worked fine before the memory upgrade.  I checked system
properties and now have a yellow exclamation mark in system devices/system
board extension for PnP bios.  The message reads "this device is not working
properly, etc.  I tried running the change driver routine but the current
driver is the best according to the system.  The resources page says that
"the resources this device is using do not match any of its known
configurations."

Everything else works fine except the standby.  When I install 64 MB of
memory, all is well not matter which chips I use and the yellow mark
disappears.  On my start up screen I have an entry that reads Award Plug &
Play Bios extension 1.0A.  I've looked at BCM but find  no updates.

Anyone have any ideas.  I can live without standby but just knowing that
that yellow exclamation mark is there bugs me.

Ben Moore