NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lisa Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:02:05 EST
CCB,
My son's ped. suggested that his milk allergy would be gone at 1yr.  Andrew
turns 2 in April and any dairy causes immediate wheezing and often vomiting.
I have been able to enjoy some dairy now that he is nursing only 2 times a
day. I can have a small amount after he goes to bed, it seems my body
processes the dairy before I wake and nurse in the morning.
Andrew is on the small side for both height and weight, so I chose to keep
nursing because he could use the fat and calories.  I did not switch to
formula because there are so many ingredients that could cause a reaction and
once you choose to stop nursing going back to it if there is a formula
reaction is very difficult.
Life without dairy is not as hard as it seems.  Once you get used to it, that
is.  At first it is overwhelming.  My dh has lost 18lbs, just from our change
in diet.
Good luck to you.

Lisa, mommy to Andrew (milk,eggs,peanuts,oats,YEAH! we just tested negative to
wheat!!!!)