CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:45:29 -0400
From:
"F. Leon Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
On Thu, 27 Aug 1998, Tresy Kilbourne wrote:

> >> Tresy Kilbourne wrote:
> >> "Same tactics"? Did we deliberately target innocent civilians?
> >

>> F. Leon Wilson writes:
>> Yes, the U.S. did know and deliberately target innocent civilians.

> Tresy Kilbourne wrote:
> Then why didn't we attack the other alleged plant where there would be
> more civilian casualties?

F. Leon Wilson writes:

We? . . . You mean the U.S. government.

I was not part if that bombing nor do I approve.

You will have to ask the Pentagon that question.  I'll still trying to
find out the truth WHY the U.S. bombed the Khartoum plant.

> Tresy Kilbourne wrote:
> Why the hell didn't we just carpet bomb Khartoum?

F. Leon Wilson writes:
Is that a serious suggest?

> Tresy Kilbourne wrote:
> Even the Observer acknowledges that the strike on Sifa was so
> precise that buildings surrounding it were left standing. If that's
> terror, so is the wrecking ball next door. You're just twisting facts and
> definitions to fit a preordained conclusion. It's not very impressive.

F. Leon Wilson writes:
OK, you cut out most of what I have said.
You need to define "terror."
You are in support of the extremely aggressive and unjustified actions.

There is nothing more I can say.  The discussion is becoming ridiculous.

F. Leon