CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:54:41 EDT
From:
"Cynthia C." <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all,
I think I unsubscribed to the list and now that I know more about Celiac..I
have to get back on.!

Oh my Lord!  I thought I just had to avoid Bread!  But after searching the
web, I see that Celiac Is really serious.  I am so grateful to have found out
that I have to NeVER eat it again.  I also didn't know that I cant eat
macaroni.  I regret all the damage that has been done.  But according to the
Web info I read,,,the lining of the intenstine can be grown back.  Just can't
eat anymore Gluten.

What I need advice about is my children.
I have five of them and three shows signs of it.  I didn't know until reading
that it is inherited and that it has other sysmptons until it has gotten
really bad.

What should I feed my children for breakfast, Lunch and dinner?
I regret that I just went food shopping yesterday and the house if filled with
pizza, cornflakes and bagels.  Yet, I can't envision giving them all meat
either.  They are all very young (under six) except for my 11 year old. He has
it the worst out of them all.

Please respons via email as well as in the digest because I need to get back
on the list and Im afraid Ill miss all of the great suggestions.  (they hate
eggs)

Thank you to all of you for encouraging me to find out..  It is scary, but Im
grateful.  In one of the M.D. pages, they said Celiac can lead to Lymphoma!
YIKES!
-Cynthia (am on Atkins)