Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:01:00 -0400

Okay, I just got off the phone with their customer service at
1-800-300-8664 and the rep I spoke with was not familiar with Celiac or
Gluten-free terms.  She said the company does not put out a list of
products that are gluten-free, but that she would forward my request
that they develop one.  She said that my request will not fall on deaf
ears, that these requests are read and attended to.  So, I asked her if
I gave out the Old El Paso number to all the Celiacs in the U.S., would
that get the company's attention to at least list the products that are
safe or maybe even list on the labels the sources of their maltodextrin
and MSG, etc.?  She said that would probably help.  So, listmates,
here's a shot at trying to make our voices heard.  If you remember,
their former Taco Seasoning mix was gluten-free, but now they've changed
their recipe and it's not gluten-free. =20

For what it's worth!
Renee' in Florida