From:
Rachel Jenni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:32:37 +0100

Hi everybody

Here is a summery of the answers I received to my question "could wheat
germ oil in cosmetic products (shampoo, conditioner, hair-color, cream,
make-up, lipstick, etc)cause a problem to celiacs :

It seems that celiacs who have DH (dermatitis herp.) can react to an
external source of gluten like wheat or oat in cosmetic products
(itching, sores, headache, hair loss).

For all celiacs, the problem is that gluten could be ingested when your
hands touch your creamed skin or conditioned hair and then touch your
mouth. Therefore it is a wise idea to use cosmetic products without
wheat or oat in them, especially lipsticks.

Information: Vitamin E in cosmetic products is often made from wheat or
oat.

Thanks to all who answered.

Rachel
Switzerland