From:
Incognito UhHuh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 16:58:39 -0500

Hi All!  I have just gotten a letter from Galaxy Foods.

I asked about things which were DAIRY FREE (meaning, no lactose OR Casein)
and Gluten Free.  Regarding the dairy status they wrote "Terms such as
'lactose free' and 'veggie' or 'rice' do not mean dairy-free" as they
contain milk proteins.  They Clearly mark their dairy free packages.

Regarding products suitable for Celiacs: "Our formagg, Veggie Slices,
SoyCo, and Soymage products are gluten free.  The retail products we
manufacture which may NOT be suitable for Celiacs, or those avoiding
gluten, would be our Galaxy brand 'sandwich slices' and our Oat Slices and
Chunks and our Veggie Milk.  The Sandwich Slices contain wheat starch that
is practically free of gluten.  The oat products do contain oat gluten.
The Veggie Milk contains oat fiber and may not be suitable for Celiacs."

Please read this quote CLOSELY, note that the Gluten free ones are ONLY the
formagg, Veggie Slices, SoyCo and Soymage products, so be careful!  They
were VERY considerate and the letter was full of info.  Let me know if you
need more information.

 Joanna F. Schroeder
Creator, College Kids' Chronic Pain Resource: support for students living
with Chronic Pain Disorders and other life-long ailments.
Please See  http://www.delphi.com/collegepain