From:
alison Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 00:49:29 EDT

Hello everyone,

I just had my results from the biopsy and they said it was negative to celiac
but positive to reflux. I also had blood tests that were negative but I was on
a gluten free diet when taken. My question is how long do you need to eat
gluten in order to have a positive test. I did it for about a month and felt
terrible with gas, bloating, constipation, and joint pain with terrible
fatigue. (I am the one with a great aunt that was diagnosed with celiac later
on in her life) I have no signs of reflux - no heartburn or stomach pain. I
started a gluten free diet and find when I have small amounts of hidden
glutens my symptoms return with gas bloating and then with bone pain in  hands
and feet the next day. I have fibromyalgia but refuse to accept it especailly
since I am only 28.

Does anyone else know of any similar diseases to celiac???? I never had any
allergy tests done. Is that my next step? I feel pretty stupid now.......I do
not know which direction to turn. I have an appoinment on Tuesday with the
gastro. Dr. Do I ask for a second opinion on the slides? Or just try the diet
for a while and see if all symptons go away. Thanks