From:
"Mara E. Levin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:51:52 EDT

Dear Listmates,
Last week I posted a request for a recommendation for foundation makeup for
oily skin; the kind I had been using, Mary Kay Oil Free Day Radiance, turned
out to contain wheat (and corn--not a problem for me) gluten, according to
their chemist.
_________________________

Several people responded who were interested in getting the results of my
query.

Two people recommended Clinique, but didn't say if anyone from the company had
specifically said it is gf. One said the sales people are on commission at the
department stores and give great service. It's also hypo-allergenic.

"There is a guide from  Kollel-LosAngeles Office: 223 South Formosa Aver. or
Bais Medrash 7159 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, Ca 90036 phone (213) 933-7193.
This is a passover guide to cosmetics and medications.  If the cosmetic is
approved for passover it is GF.  They will send the booklet free and provide
an envelope for a donation. They then send you one each year. I use Loeal and
cover girl oil free but they both have gluten and gluten free products so I
look every thing up.  It has worked for me."

One person uses Almay pressed powder. (That's what I've been using, but I'm
not thrilled with it. It's okay.)

One person said Artistry makes gf moisturizers and cleansers.

One person recommends inexpensive drug store brands.

Thank you to all who responded. It's wonderful to have your support.

I think I'll enquire about the Clinique. Also, I just bought some Avon Skin So
Soft Bath Oil to use as bug spray on my horse (the vet recommended it!), so I
asked the rep to please check on their oil free foundation. If I get any good
news, I will let you know.

Best wishes to all.

Mara in MA