From:
"L.Shriver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 11:33:00 -0500

Hello I would like to publicly respond to "Where is this allergy going
To?",

I tend to agree on the theory on milk about not getting gluten, but I do
not think there is not enough research in this area to prove it one way or
another, and we should investigate this further. Some people are sensitive
to the gluten in shampoos and conditioners. I myself react to the wheat
fields in my neighborhood, when they are being harvested. I guess gluten is
not really poison, but it does affect individuals in different way, from
mild indigestion, to severe cramps and diarrhea that lead to dehydration
and hospitalization. I do not have a gluten free and non gluten free
section in my kitchen and I do use the same bread knife as long as it has
been cleaned and sterilized in the dishwasher, but I would never make
dinner with the same utensils that touched gluten bread, pasta, etc,
because I personally would become sick.

If you have Celiac Sprue and you continue to eat gluten, it can lead to
other health problem. Examples are anemia, lupus, gallstones, ulcers,
hemorrhaging, etc. It is not safe to continue ingesting gluten, if you are
a celiac.

I will continue to live a gluten free lifestyle, and be very careful, and
it is a happy life and I think anyone can lead a happy and comfortable life
without gluten. It is sometimes difficult, but well worth my health in the
long run. I also feel better, have more energy and more alert than I was
before diagnoses.

I do not mean to offend anybody by this post, but I do not think Celiac
Sprue, should be taken lightly, you should be very careful of what you are
eating and how it was prepared.

Thank you and God Bless,
Lucy