From:
Kathleen Estes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 09:17:37 EDT

Had about 30 responses:

Quite a few asked if I was allergic to canola oil
One for xanthum gum
Two stated that they were allergic to the milk in it
One got bloated after eating Pamela's cookies.
One person suggested i had an electrolyte problem not exactly sure what that
might mean
Another stated it was because of the heat (it is always hot in Florida)
Lot reported that they had a reaction but do not know why exactly.
About 10 stated that they had no reactions at all.
Some one told me it could be wheat free but still have oats or barley in them.
One lady stated her son is doing much better since  he does not eat Pamela's
cookies.
Seven (7) stated that they have the same leg problems that i  have and if the
reaction is more , it goes to our arms and then to the entire body.  And if
you have never had this type of reaction, then you are lucky.  It can drive
you crazy, not let you sleep and scare you to death.

One person stated that was not sure how clean of contamination that the
kitchen was kept, but a large number of responses stated that they have talked
personally to Pamela and feel that she keeps a very clean kitchen.

In my case, since i have written my question...  I have not had a cookie, have
not had crazy legs or not slept.  I feel better.  Still not sure what the
answer is tho.  Could be the oil, contamination or other ingredients.

Thank you all for your help.  I know it will  help others

Kathleen from Sunny HOT Florida