From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 07:14:52 -0500
From: Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>

>To add to Rick's reply:  There are some extremely inexpensive parallel port
>cards available that have supported all HP printers I've tried them with. I
>buy parallel port cards wholesale for $7.00 each, which means they should
>be readily available anywhere for under $20.00.

<snip>

Thanks, Rick and Roxanne.

The thing about the One Touch scanner is that it has buttons on it that
have different functionality; not just the "scan" button.  One of the
buttons will send the image directly to the printer on the pass-through
port.  (I believe this is how it works, as I have not seen the product yet.)

I can use a second parallel port on a card (although I am a little tight
on slots), but that would, I think, defeat this very nice feature that
turns the scanner into a copier, more or less.

I was concerned with whether the EPP signal would mess up the
printer the same way the ECP signal did.  (Doug's reply said
probably not .)  Anybody with an HP 4 and an EPP pass-through
scanner attached (or not attached!!) should be able to give
a definitive answer.

Dean Kukral

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**