From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:02:50 -0400
On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Binnie Betten wrote:

> >Purslane is loaded with alpha-linoleic acid, and many other dark
> >leafy greens have substantial amounts of it.
>
> Where can one obtain Purslane?

I don't know where you live, but the first place to try would be
your backyard.  The stuff grows everywhere.  For a picture of
purslane, look at
/www.arapcsuext.org/horti/weeds/Purslanecloup.html, but keep in
mind that the leaves are usually a centimeter or less in length.
I gather it in a field where I walk my dog.  Since others walks
their dogs there too, I take it home and wash it, and then just
eat it as is.  But you could put it in a salad easily enough.
Pinch the leafy green tops off and they will grow back.

But here in Pennsylvania, the purslane season is almost over.

Todd Moody