Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 05:39:52 -0800
Dear Ray,

I have tried to convince people but it is not easy.

Yesterday I met a mom about my age (perpetually 39) actually mid forties,
who told me she was a vegetarian and a member of PETA , an animal rights
activist. Anyway, her list of health problems made most of any of us on this
list seem like a joke by comparison, among other things---

She had  stomach cancer, also intestine cancer, 6 feet of intestines taken
out, had had 2 major strokes, has a benign but growing tumor in her neck, is
on stroke meds right now, her lymph nodes are filling up with something I
did not understand what, and on and on.

Her whole life revolves around animals and protecting them from harm, she is
a sweet kind, great person, how would I broach the subject of paleo? I don't
know yet. I just met her a few days ago and have been thinking about how to
help her, she almost died from the last stroke, which was partially induced
by an overdose of antibiotics the doctors gave her.

She is extremely active, teaches some kind of karate boxing, has not given
up the physical activity, looks great, slim, muscular, etc, but I am
wondering if maybe all the foreign proteins (absolutely no meat of course on
her diet) have raised havoc in her immune system.

She also told me she drinks a ton of milk, yogurt, etc for protein as she
gets no animal protein. Also, she has 3 darling kids who get absolutely  no
animal protein....

Could these many, diverse health problems be caused by the vegetarian diet?
I have not even listed all her health problems.