VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Arlene Silvestri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 05:04:22 -0400
        Yes, there is a color identifier which is of good quality. One of my
friends' has one and she really thinks a lot of it, and gets a lot of use
out of it. It's old by aph. You could probably call aph to receive a tape
of a demonstration of the color identifier. Aph was giving these tapes to
anyone interested at the acb convention. I got to see the color identifier
which is the same size as a tv remote. On one end it has what feels like a
small jack which is the camera. As you put the camera against the item in
which you'd like to find out the color of, one button will tell you the
color or colors and what the shades of the colors are. The second button
tells you about the brightness. If I'm remembering right there are 3
buttons and I can't remember now what the third button tells you. I'll have
to listen to the tape again. The voice in the color identifier is a very
pleasant sounding  female voice. It cost right around $600. I like the idea
about the remote identifier that would read signs and other information
such as what bus is coming. This identifier should be able to read
anything, just like the same idea as the color identifier. Especially when
you go shopping you could have it read titles of cds or cans of soups,
whatever you're looking for. Yup, I need one of these. I hope you put both
the color identifier and I guess we could call it the reading identifier,
in your book, Peter. Maybe someone else could think of even something
better than reading identifier, but that's all I could think of now.

        Arlene