From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:19:17 -0600
Hello,

On Oct. 20, Amadeus wrote:

>>For me it works perfect, I'm feeling fine >>and full of energy

Amadeus, i appreciate your posts to the list as i appreciate everyone's
contribution.  Diversity of opinion makes this a healthy list.

I am wondering what motivates you to post to this list in light of the
above statement.  Are you promoting a vegetarian diet, are you worried
about longevity, or are you stroking your ego?  I am bombarded with
information and it helps in processing the data ( a lot of it
conflicting) to understand the objectives of the source.

The one fact i have learned in my quest for health is that we know
almost nothing about how the human body works.  Doctors have justified
their high salaries by pretending they understand the mysteries of the
body and we have bought into their propaganda.  A lipid profile IMO is
not a good indicator of one's health and it seems foolish to focus on
that.

The other fact that has become clear to me is that medical and
nutritional research in this country right now is rarely conducted with
pure scientific objectivity.
Everyone seems to have an axe to grind.

What is the solution to finding a better diet?  Beats me.  I run my
experiments with a sample size of one (me) and hope for the best.

Still searching,
mark