Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:14:45 -0400
Amadeus Schmidt wrote:
> That sounded to me as if you thought, that bran consinsted of
> "almost completely insoluble fiber" and nothing else.
Yep, misunderstanding. I meant that the fiber in bran is mostly insoluble,
not that bran is nothing but fiber.

> > Then change the topic to how meat is worse.
> I did call both of them as not ideal because they don't have enough of
> calories. I just find amazing that some "waste" like bran has a similar
> protein content (and much more) like the expensive meat.
This brings up the main point of my message - that you change the conversation
from whatever topic has started it to 'meat is bad, and you can do better
by eating veggies and fruits'. You do this almost right away, too. I personally
find it easier to discuss each subject individually. This way each can be resolved
in the end. So if there is a thread on vitamin C and meat then this should remain
roughly the subject. Else we have too many ideas going on within the same thread,
going on for many many messages and the actual originating question never gets
resolved (nor most of the ones brought up during the thread). This is not to
say that threads do not evolve, but that shouldn't be explosive where the
third messages doesn't have anything to do with the first one.

Ilya