From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 05:42:54 -0400
On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:25:06 -0400, Ilya <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

>Amadeus, this is a perfect example of your replies that I find a little hard
>to respond to. I make a simple statment bran is insoluble fiber, rather than
>soluble. You seem to take it as a challenge to 'goodness' of bran, go on
>defending it.

Hello Ilya. Did I misunderstand you? You wrote
>> >If I recall correctly, bran is almost completely insoluble fiber.
That sounded to me as if you thought, that bran consinsted of
"almost completely insoluble fiber" and nothing else.
(recently it seemed to me in a posting of Ray, as he had that opinion).
I just wanted to point out that that bran
 is astonishingly nutritions.
Nothing else. Many may not know.

> Then change the topic to how meat is worse.
I did call both of them as not ideal because they don't have enough of
calories. I just find amazing that some "waste" like bran has a similar
protein content (and much more) like the expensive meat.

Btw, Todd: Protein content I took grams per 100g as measure
as opposed to percentage of calories. Since bran is similar in calories per100g,
I suppose percentage of calories will be similarly comparable.

Btw also: Examples for seeds which were available in paleolithic times were mentioned
several times here and in paleodiet. For example wild rice (a grass),
"Melde",buckwheat, the predecessors and anchestors of todays plants
(pre-barley...) which have been gathered... Simply all (non toxic) seeds
of one-year-lasting plants.

>All without addressing
>whether bran i
s soluble or not, which is what I wrote about (which was a specific
>response to a specific statement made by you).
I didn't catch why you responded especially on soluble or insoluble,
we didn't talk about it before.
As we know the *fiber* of bran is all insoluble.
Both soluble and insoluble are valuable and necessary fiber.

out of topic:
> Please don't make it as a flame -
>it isn't. Your persistence made me more careful about how I respond to you. But
>it is hard having a consistent argument when most of your responses follow this
>same pattern.
I hope we'll have not too much communication problems like this here.
Sorry, if it may be influenced by english not beeing my native language.
I'll try best to express myself clear.

regards
Amadeus