From:
"T. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 03:46:13 -0700
Ray Audette wrote:

> The current issue of Shape Magazine has an article about "The Stone Age
> Diet".
>
> It quotes Dr. S. Boyd Eaton and several other references from my
> bibliography and then recommends a Neolithic Diet!

I've seen this done once or twice before. Not that surprising when you
consider that its what Eaton himself does in "The Paleolithic Prescription".

> This same magazine trashed my book a couple of years ago in an article
> intitled "The History of Dieting".

Several Weider mags (incl. Shape, I think) have also trashed the Zone diet.
I'm sure your book got similarly poor treatment by some writer who probably
hadn't even read the whole thing. Weider mags tend to trash anything that
isn't low-fat, high-carb. There are probably millions of people out there
who flit from diet to diet, failing on most of them and wanting to find
the one that works (or more precisely, that they can comply with). The
problem is, when these diet mavens are experimenting with low-carb, they
tend not to buy Weider supplements. This is how I see their agenda,
anyway.