From:
"C. Loon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:35:22 -0400
> Hitler loved his sausages according to his personal chef who was interviewed
> in the newspapers.
> He loved meat so much that his health suffered and was advised by his
> doctors to go on a
> vegetarian diet, which he obviously did not follow.
> Mahesh

I am willing to accept that Hitler may have NOT been a vegetarian in
actuality - but he purposely tried to perpetuate that belief, myth or no.
Hitler, Hess, Himmler, and other top Nazis were known as strict
vegetarians and animal lovers who strongly advocated agrarianism as
justification for their aggresive expansionism and racist doctrines (i.e.,
"German Lands for German Blood").  I quote from the introduction to
"Ecofascism - Lessons from the German Experience" (Janet Biehl and Peter
Staudenmaier, AK Press): "Nazi 'ecologists' even made organic farming,
vegetarianism, nature worship, and related themes into key elements not
only in their ideology but in their governmental policies". Some of them
were committed deep ecologists.

> Do you want to draw a connection from being a vegetarian to
> "being in the mood to start war aggression"?
snip
> What has Hitlers supposed nutrition do with adequate nutrition?
> Amadeus

The point I make here has less to do with nutrition or 'aggressive
vegetarians' than with the relationship between politics and diet.  Again,
a government strongly advocates vegetarianism/grain consumption - a tactic
more to do with control/power gain than concern for the populace's health.
Sound familiar?  (Okay, I realize Nazi policy was directed against
urbanism/capitalism/Jews rather than against the nomadic h/g lifestyle.
But the next time a deep ecologist attacks our paleodiet habits, maybe we
could enlighten them on the very close link between deep ecology and Nazi
policy).

Cheyenne