From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:35:23 -0400
Cheyenne Loon wrote:

>Is suet/tallow commonly sold on its own, at a grocery store, or do y'all
>just remove fat from cuts of meat and render that? I couldn't find suet at
>my local supermarket.

It is sold in the supermarkets in the States, but it has been partially
hydrogenated. Bad. The list does have a document on pemmican making. You'll
find it along with the other recipe archives at:

  http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet/list/

(I'll bet the welcome message doesn't mention this web site. I'll have to
do something about that.)

>BTW it's amazing how little of what a giant
>supermarket offers isn't 'forbidden' food.

Also at the web site you'll find a list of paleo foods one can buy. Yes,
it's a short list.

Don.