Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 06:28:26 -0700
Any of you guys who have been on the List for awhile, know how hard it is to
get kids to go paleo.

I had to take my two oldest kids  paleo as their urine tests (from Dr Shaw
at Email [log in to unmask]) showed significant yeast overgrowth and
dysbiosis of the intestinal tract, due to antibiotics, and a hi carb diet.

I tried a strict paleo diet with my two oldest and we were all miserable.

Then a friend, Liz, said, try starting them  with Atkins (which allows more
foreign proteins like peanuts, cashews, etc). So, I did.

Guess what? Today I got another test result back and my oldest's yeast
infection is GONE and the middle child's result came back much  improved but
still with a yeast overgrowth.

This is with NO antifungals, just a strict lo carb diet and almost no
grains. During they summer they had no grains.

Now, with school here, they are on two rice cakes a day (to make a sandwich
for lunch) Other than that, they are on a  very locarb and high fat/protein
diet.

Can't tell you how happy I was to get that result.

Not only that, my middle child, who had the worst yeast infection and I
forgot to tell you,  also an anaerobic (bad) bacteria infection, used to
HATE to read. How could she, her brain was full of yeast/anaerobic bacteria
metabolites.

A few weeks ago (after months on lo carb) she suddenly started reading!

Thanks to Ray, Liz, and all you lo carbers out there!!

Yeast and bad bacteria, adios!

ps If you are trying to take your kids from SAD to lo carb,  get the Shaw
test done and show it to them. It's right there in black and white. It
convinced my very reluctant kids to change their diets....Dang, lo carb is
healthy. No wonder, they had to jerk Dr Atkins license. If everyone got on
Atkins (or even better, Neanderthin) how would the docs make a living? Is it
true they took Atkins' license away for publishing this book?

I saw yesterday that IBM spends over one BILLION on health care for its
employees...think how much they would save if the employees went lo carb...

Update on the youngest child, originally diagnosed autistic, non verbal, and
extremely  low IQ, and other words for "absolutely hopeless" in
educationese,  is now in the HIGHEST reading group in a regular first grade
class, thanks to Ray, and paleo, and called "very bright" by the teacher. He
was placed at 3 and a half in the lowest possible deadend vegetative class
in the County, and would have stayed there, but for lo carb.