Kathy Partridge <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:17:55 -0400
At 06:25 AM 7/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Kathy,
>
>I have also read that vaccines cause a lot of dogs' problems (arthritis,
>etc) but if you write that, will they publish it??<grin>

Actually, the veterinary profession is slowly changing their tune on this,
which is kind of amazing to me. Many of the vet schools are now
recommending a once every three years protocol: full series as a puppy, a
second full series at one year, and then boosters once every three years
after that. Colorado State University's is online, but I don't have the new
URL. Have heard they changed it, but I'm sure it would turn up on a search.

Now if we could just get the vets to think independently about dog food!
It's incredible to me that they all sell one of the worst high-carb brands
out there - Science Diet. Check most of the SD formulas and you'll see corn
and soy as the first and second ingredients, with poultry by-products
third. It's pretty pathetic but I don't suppose it's any coincidence. <sigh>

Kathy Partridge
mailto:[log in to unmask]