From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:27:24 -0400
   In a response to my post relating my concern about pesticides, hormones
and antibiotics utilized in beef production,  Ray  Audette cited Bruce Ames
as a source re the propostion that wheat posed a greater risk.  While I
understand the theory re wheat, I  still have much reading and sifting to
before I accept the propostion that synthetic compounds in our food supply
are of little concern .  I was impressed that professor Ames urges liberal
consumption of  fruits and vegetables in consideration of antioxidative and
yet to be understood cancer  and other disease preventing properties.    I
came up with quite a few search engine hits for Bruce Ames,  much of it
current and very readable and containing many citations to related
sources.