From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 11:21:10 +0200
At 15:29 1998-06-27 -0700, you wrote:
>On another list, a person wrote that HGer 's lifespan was only 20 or so
>years. Can anyone comment on the lifespan of HGers?

First I think the number is 30 or 35.
Next, this number relates mostly to the fact that only half the number of
kids reach 10 yars. This adjusts the lifespan for the rest to something
like 50-60
Then we have the reasons that Don mentioned:
>as they died of accidents, being eaten by animals, and sometimes infectious
>diseases (like malaria). Without medical help relatively minor accidents
>can be fatal.
The ones that survives this get really old.
Also modern hunter/gatheres live in only the worst environments as other
have taken over all the good ones.
When lifespan numbers of archological paleolitics are mentioned there
is another factor to consider, namely that measurements are very unsure
and wether a person died older than 40 it can not be detected at all
as measuring methods only can be used up to 40.

But note something here!!!! As You mention low-carbing in the subject,
remember that there is nothing saying that h/g or paleolitic diets
necessarily are low on carbs.

- Hans