From:
Claudia R Haus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:15:44 -0500
I also have questions, being relatively new to this diet.  I started a
diet like this (the SCD diet) because of ulcerative colitis in the family
(four of us).  My daughter was really sick and on the brink of even worse
meds than steroids and immune suppressants and / or surgery.  We found
out about the SCD and it turned things around in 3 days.  The SCD is
similar to paleo in that there is a lot of protein and no grain, but they
do have homemade yogurt and cheese, and some vegetables and most fruits
are allowed.  Its similar enough to this diet that I subscribed to get
more info on the whole thing.  My question is this:  My daughter who is
15 and very athletic is now on this diet.  Her coach is a sports medicine
undergrad and has a masters in nutrition.  She says you need at least 30%
carbohydrates to avoid pulling protein out of your muscles.  Does anyone
know if this is true?  Thanks Claudia

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]