From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 13:23:49 -0500
Hi folks --

The responses to my post have been mostly very civil, but I do sense some
anger there; so I'd like to, well, clarify, if not actually apologize.

There's so much about Linda McC. to admire:  her creativity and
public-spritedness, as well as the wonderful loving relationship that she
managed to have, in the show biz world where people change partners about
as often as they shop for clothes.

Still, there are so many people out there struggling to be healthy on a
non-healthy diet; and our government continues to urge people to eat that
way, even as it reports that Americans are getting fatter.  Often a
grass-roots-type movement like ours can get a big boost from a bit of news
about one famous person, so I couldn't help feeling that there's an
opportunity here.

On the other hand:

>From:    Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
>
>IMHO you should have kept this to yourself;  I could say why in 10 or 20 pp.
>but I will leave it at that.

I consider teasers like that to be kind of rude.  Claiming to have valuable
information while refusing to share any of it sounds to me like an ego
trip, or perhaps an admission that your 10-20 pages would be an emotional
outburst that wouldn't stand up to a thoughtful debate.

If you really have something to say, say it.  You should be able to come up
with a few paragraphs that give us the essence of it.  If it's too far
off-topic, feel free to email me privately; but now that you've spoken to
the whole group, there are probably others who are a little curious.  I
promise not to get into a flame war :^) .