From:
Gary Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:51:06 -0700
>Do
>you lose your health and sanity over trying to force a 5 year old child to
>eat salmon and vegetables in the morning, when he knows his brother and
>sister are having toast and jelly and bacon?

Mary

I wonder if it would help to have all the kid's eating the same thing in the
morning and at meal times.  It wouldnt hurt the other kid's, right?  Could
you explain to the other kids/family member's that by eating your son's diet
they would not only be eating healthy themself's but would also be helping
him out?  Maybe if your son saw that everyone eat's the same thing he WOULD
eat.  My youngest daughter's big joke was coming in, asking what's for
dinner, and then saying "let me guess, meat!"  I am the only one who eat's
paleo in my house but I cook paleo for everyone.  Take dinner...last night
we had elk burger with onion's and Ray's BBQ sauce, then a vegetable with
it.  (by the way, I never announce what kind of meat it is, the family
figures it's beef.  Last week we had some moose, they all loved it but they
didnt know it wasent beef.)  The point is that when I cook, I cook paleo and
we all eat the same thing.  My husband still like's his soda and junk food
and I don't nag about it.  I know he is eating better than he did now that I
fix paleo meals.  He also eat's less junk than he did before, I dont think
he craves it like he use to.  I guess if he didnt like what I fixed he could
fix he's own but I WONT make two dinner's etc.  He know's I have to eat
paleo or I get very ill, so, he eat's my diet at meal time, but like I said
before, he still eat's his junk in between meals at times.

Some of my relatives have seen my diet and even read Ray's book.  Yes, some
of them think it's nut's, but they also know that I am not sick any more.  I
always do the thanksgiving dinner at my house.  One person said "guess
thanksgiving is going to be different this year huh?"  I said, "Yup!"  I
plan on making a paleo thanksgiving dinner, I figure the day is more about
everyone getting together anyway and they can always make their own dinner
etc at home the next day (or whatever).  Some people like to do that anyway
so that they have the leftovers.  I figure that if they all freak out over
dinner this year someone else can take over the next year.  They know that
when they come to my place again this year, it's going to be a bit
different!  Like my husband and I always say,...on to the next adventure!

One more thing I wanted to mention....I use to have a problem with tomatoes
but seem to be over it now since Ive stuck to the paleo diet.  I really
don't know what was up with that but I wonder if your son would be ok with
beef, nuts etc in time.

 >something deep inside  tells me, that paleo is better.

I'm sure your right on here and I hope that you can some how work it all out
so that you don't have to give up on the paleo diet!  The family that eat's
paleo together, play's together! :)

The best of health
Patti (who hate's liver!!!)