Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:53:09 -0800
Today I let my autistic  son (5, almost 6)  have some rice bread and some
cashew butter.

How nice it was not to have to fight with him to get him to eat it.

I am sick myself and don't have the energy to do this diet anymore.(at least
right now) For some weird  reason, (like being ill and exhausted)  I just
gave in, could not go on.

How much damage will rice do to him? I am contemplating a gluten free diet
as I can't do so many different diets in one family!

I have found paleo to be ok for myself,(for an adult)  but for kids, not so
easy. I gave up on my older kids, but for this child I felt it was crucial
for his recovery.

The preparation/planning is a lot more,(for a child)  and to get them to eat
it is exhausting.(you can't even imagine how exhausting) I can't leave my
house, no one else will feed him for me, no one else can "get" it.

What do you think?

How much damage does one day of this do? (going off the diet)

 One of my books says you have to adhere fanatically to a paleo diet for at
least a  year to heal the gut.He has been on this diet for several months
with good results, but the troublesome bacteria are still there, affecting
brain function.