From:
Kaiden Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 11:06:01 -0800
>That doesn't mean I'm not a mutant, but the main point is that we
>don't know who will respond well and who won't.  And the really
>main point is that a diet high in saturated fat is very likely
>*not* much like a paleolithic diet in this respect.  It may be
>tolerated well by many people anyway, but it shouldn't even be
>that surprising if many people don't tolerate it well.

    Scientifically, we are all mutations.  Our genetics continue to adapt
and evolve.  However, it is a loaded word, especially for us who Do Not Look
As Others Do.  I would feel aweful knowing that I had caused anyone to feel
as marginalized and isolated as I have.

>I also consider it worth the risk to try it, but it should be
>done with eyes open, not with the attitude that "this can't hurt
>me."

    We have all been burned in the past by thermodynamic diets that see
starvation as the key to good health.  We should apply the same scepticism
to NeanderThin that we would to Jenny Craig.  I didn't think it would work,
but I am down 5 pounds since last Monday.  And that's just one incrememental
step out of so many.  I feel very good about myself.  When I do reach 200
lbs, I am going to have to do something to get my self-image in line with my
body.  (I still FEEL very fat. . . I am the ONLY one who does not see a
"dramatic difference" between us. {Between the 375 Karl McKinnon and the 270
Kaiden Fox})