From:
"Paul F. Getty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 06:28:46 -0500

>> I still contend that for many people on Neanderthin, the amount of fiber is
>> not adequate.  You might think about a fiber supplement, especially a
>> soluble fiber supplement.  I wasn't on Neanderthin at the time, but my
>> supplement brought down my cholesterol, LDL, and raised HDL.  Lowered
>> triglycerides, too.
>
>Why not eat a "vegetable supplement"?

If you mean eating vegetables that are gotten at the grocery store, that's
the problem.  Most of our vegetables have changed over thousands of years
of agriculture to have less cellulose and other fiber, and more water,
sugar, etc.  We would have to eat enormous amounts of vegetables to get the
amount of fiber that hunter-gatherers get.