NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Theresa Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 08:57:45 -0500
All,

My 19 month old son has milk anaphylaxis. He once broke out in hives from playing in a chocolate cupcake - he had ingested NONE of it. The reaction was severe.  I know that the cupcake had milk in it as well as chocolate. Therefore, I have no idea whether he was reacting to the chocolate or the milk (he has had contact reaction to milk). I have been reluctant to try any parve chocolate on him (besides, he doesn't really NEED it).

Does anyone have any info on milk/parve chocolate allergies? Can they be related? I guess when he's old enough, we'll try a "chocolate food challenge" at the allergist....

Thanks,

Theresa