BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:08:08 EDT
The bino story caused me to reflect on  an incident on 5th ave a number of
years ago; we were restoring the 5th ave Presby church i must of had 15 stone
masons in addition to 4 carvers; all hands on .100 % re tooled surfaces re
interpetatation of  all the missing details; brownstone  300 ft high. caddi -
corner the st Regis  on 55th The church had sold its airspace to a developer
on 56 th st  who's name I forget; that was hanging a 55 story in granite panel
affair by ( Fox,Pederson ??) their job  was always dropping   anchors; cans of
beer ; and an occasional panel; (setters and riggers, charming fellows if you
have not met them). One  fine day a young architect new to Swanke Haydens
office; full of hope and a bright future climbed all the way to the top of our
new scaffold with a brand new nikon; and about the 255 ft level proceeded to
drop his big lens over on 55th street whilst chaging it . Now the Nikon lens
is a formidable affair  and we all helplessly watched  it (and our bright
futures) disapear into the multitudes below; fortunately the lens hit no one;
but hit a taxi  square on the roof causing it to indent 4"; the taxi fearing
more to come sped off; the cop responding to the call; took the lens and ran
over to 56 th street convinced it had fallen off that job; the architect who
had slowly climbed down to fess up found everyone had run over to the high
rise in a furry;causing a chinese fire drill to the already stupified riggers
and setters who by mid day started Irish Lunch..we convinced  the young
architect it  might be best to let sleeping dogs lie...a day or two latter we
noticed the high rise had saftey inspectors; so there was a happy ending.to
the story......regards from deep woods Mississippi  Michael