Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jun Verzola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:03:53 -0400
Hi Kirt:

> Hey Jun,I just sampled my first marang. It is reportedly a Phillipino
> fruit. It is like a breadfruit and a champedack (or kinda like a durian)
> combined. Fascinating flavor.
>
> I was just wondering if they are common these days in rural areas of the
> Phillipines? And any other gossip you might share about them if you are
> indeed familiar with them.

I seem to have heard/read about marang, but I really don't know
anything about this fruit. If it's related to durian, then it could be
common in Mindanao, which has a distinct floral assemblage compared to
Luzon. (Mindanao is the southernmost and 2nd largest island, while we
are in Luzon, the northernmost and largest island and 1,000 km away.)

     Jun V.