NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
EngJrnTchr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 21:39:26 -0600
Friends,

Today we finally received our replacement Epi-Pens after a lot of
telephone conversations with the pharmacist.

It took a long time to explain why it matters to have two different lot
numbers out of the three Epi-Pens we have.........

He wanted to know if I really needed three at one time......

He insisted that I needed to return the Epi-Pens to Dey, Inc. instead to
where I purchased them.  Only when I said I had letters from this group,
FAN, and Dey Laboratories would he believe me.  He also suggested that I
would have to PAY for them!

Needless to say, the prescription was ready when I got there and they
did not hassle me.

I hope you all have better luck in this endeavor.  I, for one, will be
looking for a new pharmacy.

BTW, you know the form you fill out in the Epi-Pen box for notification
of expiration?  I wonder why the company did not use those addresses to
notify people of the recall??  Makes me wonder!!  Has anyone heard if
the FDA or some other group is investigating?

It makes me shudder to think if there are people out there who have no
idea that their Epi-Pens won't work.

Deborah