From:
Judith Adamski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 13:54:12 -0700

Greetings!

How delighted I am to discover this resource.  My daughter was diagnosed
with celiac disease as an infant 28 years ago, when NOTHING of this sort was
available!  Even when she reached college age there was still precious
little info available.  She became quite an accomplished cook.

Recently I traveled to Reykjavik, Iceland, and discovered a wealth of gluten
free products, including tasty and crisp BREAD STICKS, shortbread-type
cookies, all sorts of pastas and much, much more.  I brought home as many
products as I could for my daughter without keeping a list of the product
manufactures' names or addresses.  It seemed unnecessary since I'd never
seen the products here and the addresses were non-US.

However, I've discovered that I am also celiac - and I LOVE bread sticks.  I
found a recipe on the web for gluten free bread sticks, but I'm not the cook
my daughter is.  As a new mother she doesn't have as much time as she used
to for cooking either.

So, the question: Does anyone out there know a resource in the US, either
mail order or in Western Oregon, for bread sticks?

Thanks to the list owners for originating this wonderful resource and thanks
in advance to resonders to my request.

Judith in Corvallis, Oregon
email:  [log in to unmask]