From:
Debbie Fusco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:46:33 EDT

I have a pasta machine and get wonderful results with the following recipe
adapted from the Denver Metro Chapter CSA cookbook.  I make lasagna with this
recipe as I don't think it works very well for boiled pasta like spaghetti.
The raw noodles can be placed right in the lasagna pan layered with your
favorite GF ingredients and popped into the oven.  No need to boil them.

Basic Pasta Mix

1 C. cornstarch
2 C. rice flour
1 C. tapioca flour
1 C. potato starch
4 T. egg white (powdered)
2 T. granulated lecithin
2 tsp salt
2 T. xanthum gum

Mix all these ingredients up and store for use in the pasta machine.  Make a
big batch and then pasta night is really simple.

PASTA

2 1/2 C. pasta mix
1 beaten egg
1 T. oil
1/2 C. water

Follow the directions for your pasta machine for putting the ingredients in.
The texture must be right for the pasta machine to extrude the noodles.  Add
more mix or more liquid to get the consistency described in the machine
instructions.

I'd also like to put in a plug for the Denver Metro Cookbook.  It is by far
the best cookbook I have.  They bill it as a high altitude cookbook, but I use
the same recipes when I travel to sea level with equal sucess.  I look at it
as a collection of everyone's favorite recipe that works everytime.  I'm not
sure how to get it, but if you contact the Denver Metro Chapter of CSA, I'm
sure they can help you.