Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:59:34 -0700
From:
Leslie Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Dear iLstservers:

I am a biopsy diagnaosed celiac and for years have been told I have
asthma, which I didn't believe.  I have recently had a methacholine test
done, and I was right, I don't have asthma, but what do I have?  I often
have swelling and pain in my throat, and that sometimes goes into my
ears as well.  I have a persistant cough in the winter, but the most
annoying symptom is mucus in my throat that makes it hard to breath and
to swallow. I am forever trying to clear my throat, annoying for others
as well. I have tried antacids in case it is GERD, nasal sprays in case
of post nasal drip, various cough syrups, lying upside down, beating my
chest - you name it!  But still it persists and worsens.

Does anyone know of a celiac related disorder that could cause this?  I
have tried a food allergy diet as well but to no avail.  I am seeing my
doctor on Friday, so would appreciate any ideas I can take to him, also
any ideas on perscriptions or natural substances that would clear my
throat.

Thank you for your help.

Leslie Miller