Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 13:21:14 -0700
From:
Judy and Mike Smith <[log in to unmask]>

After the web address of Robert Rothschild Gourmet Foods was posted to the
list I sent an e-mail asking them what the vinegar in their mustards were
derived from.  The response that I received is:

"Our white wine vinegar is derived from grapes, our distilled vinegar is
derived from apples and our Balsamic vinegar is NOT Gluten-free (it has
sulfides).

Beyond this, I'm afraid I'll not be able to give you any more details.
We've checked with our suppliers and this is the info we've come up with.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Now I had thought that distilled vinegar was derived from grains.  Has
anyone seen a distilled vinegar derived from apples?  Not that it would
help me as I am allergic to apples but I am curious.

What are sulfides made from?  I was not aware that sulfides had gluten in
them.

Judy Smith
Kent, WA