From:
Esme Neely Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:54:48 EDT

Hi Listers --

Some time in the last week someone asked for GF popsicle recipes. I just found
these on a page on the internet and thought they might be of some interest.
They are not my recipes, I simply cut and pasted.

Esme

Title: Variety Pack Popsicles
 Categories: Kids, Snacks
   Servings:  6

      1    (6 oz) can frozen orange
           -juice concentrate, softened
           Or wuse grape juice,
           -cranberry juice
      1    (6 oz) can water
      1 pt Vanilla ice cream, softened,
           -or 2 containers of
           Plain yogurt
           Popsicle sticks
           Cups

  Whir in a blender. Pour into molds, insert sticks, and freeze.

  POLYNESIAN POPSICLES

  1 cup skim milk 1 envelope unflavored gelatin 1/2 cup honey or sugar 1 egg
  white 1 1/4 cups apricot nectar or canned pineapple juice popsicle sticks
  and cups

  Pour milk into blender and add gelatin. Let soften for one minute before
  adding the rest of the ingredients to whip. Pour into molds, insert sticks,
  and freeze.

  CREAMSICLES

  1 (6 oz) can peaches in light syrup or 2 fresh ripe peaches, sliced and
  pitted 1 cup heavy cream 1 tsp sugar or honey (optional) popsicle sticks
  and cups

  Whip cream in a blender for 30-45 seconds. Add peaches and honey. Whir
  until smooth. Pour into molds, insert sticks, and freeze.

  CHOCOLATE POPS

  1 (8 oz) container plain yogurt 2 tbsp cocoa or carob powder 2 tbsp brown
  sugar or honey popsicle sticks and cups

  Liquify in a blender, pour into molds, insert popsicle sticks, and freeze.

  KEEP-ON-HAND SNOW CONES

  Freeze orange juice (or any other flavored juice) in ice cube trays, Pop
  frozen juice cubes in a plastic bag to store. Put three to six of these
  cubes at a time in a blender. Turn blender on and off until cubes reach
  snowy consistency. Pile into a cup to serve.

  The whole batch blended at once will keep its carnival consistency stored
  in a container in the freezer. Kids can serve themselves. Adding a little
  water makes it a "slush". Even kids who don't care for orange juice like it
  this way.

  WATERMELON POPSICLES

  1 cup seedless watermelon chunks 1 cup orange juice 1 cup water popsicle
  sticks and cups

  Blend these ingredients into a blender, pour into molds, insert sticks, and
  freeze.