Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 10:43:27 EDT
From:
Lynn Samuel <[log in to unmask]>

Listmates,

     In the Omaha, Nebraska area we have had a very tough time getting
the Corn Crisp crackers distributed. I have spoken several times directly
with Liberty Richter (who will not directly sell them, as they only go
through a distributor). Our health food stores must order a certain
dollar amount of products from their distributor in order to purchase
them. Direct personal orders of a case must also go through a
distributor. Finally, a health food store that carries gluten-free
products, after changing distributors, "No Name Nutrition" has been able
to get them, but it took a year of effort.
     I was sent samples for a Dietitians Conference that I requested from
Liberty Richter that we will share at our next get-to-gether.
     I have noticed in local supermarkets, the prevalence of Wasa
crackers in about 4-5 varieties, but NOT in corn and I've requested they
also include these; the store managers have told me they are unable to
get them, through the store distributor (Albertsons). The other varieties
sell for about %2.85! I have no idea why it is so difficult to get the
corn variety and also wonder why the cost is so much higher!

Lynn in Omaha, NE USA