From:
James Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 09:18:36 -0400

I am posting the following message for Dr. Alessio Fasano and Dr. Karoly
Horvath, co-directors of the U of Maryland Center for Celiac Research.
Please send any replies to the CFCR volunteer listed below--Jim Lyles

--==#==--==#==--==#==--==#==--==#==--==#==--==#==--==#==--==#==--==#==--
The University Of Maryland Center For Celiac Research (CFCR) was
established as an impartial, non-profit organization to improve the
lifestyle of Celiacs through scientific research.

As many of you know, we are presently conducting a nationwide six center
serological study to determine the prevelance of Celiac Disease in the
United States.

Scott Adams' call for "... a conference among the different Celiac
organizations to reach an agreement on what is safe and what is not?"
sound like a reasonable approach to at least beginning the discussions
essential to resolving this very difficult problem.

Ann Whelan, in her May-June issue of "Gluten-free Living" enclosed an
insert entitled "Time to Act...Unite Now". Maybe this single issue is a
good place to start.

We at the CFCR would like to offer our impartial auspices in putting
together such a "Celiac Food Forum". Inviting food scientists,
dieticians, nutritionists, support group leaders and interested Celiacs
from the United States, Canada and other countries to discuss in open
forum these very important issues.

Please let us know if you think we may be of service by responding to
Bob Levy, CFCR Volunteer, via his e-mail address "[log in to unmask]" or
by calling him at 410-486-0292.

---------
Dr. Alessio Fasano and Dr. Karoly Horvath, Co-Medical Directors
University Of Maryland Center For Celiac Research