From:
"Steven S. Palmer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 23:49:16 -0700

  I got a print out of my endoscopy and biopsy results for intestinal
disease and testing for CD. I have NOT actually been to the follow up appt.
with the GI doctors yet that is scheduled for 7/6/98. I am reading the
reports and am not a doctor so I have to make the best out of common sense
and lookup of words I do not understand.
  First of all many of my symptoms would indicate IBD/CD/Crohn's Diseases.
So, I am puzzled why my tests come back showing less problems and damage
than how sick I have been for 6 years.
===========
Results:
Endoscopy:
Impression: Increased vascularity of the small bowel and decreased area
valvulae.
--------
Microscopic description: There are six pieces of tissues to examine. All of
them show villi in varying degrees of orientation. Some of the villi are
clearly long and slender while others appear somewhat blunted. Deeper in
the biopsy are normal Brunner's glands. Several of the pieces of tissue
also have clusters of lymphocytes infiltrating into the lamina propria.
Because of the presence of villi on essentially all the pieces of tissue,
the blunting seen in some areas cannot be considered to be absolutely
diagnostic of sprue. Other than chronic inflammation, there are no other
diagnostic features.
  Well, I guess I do not have Celaic, but whatever the hell I have it
shares many, many of the same symptoms as CD. I will find out more when a
doctor explains more to me. I published "My Story" on my web site where I
have many links to sites and lots of other goodies there too.
Steven S. Palmer
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4001/
http://home.att.net/~stevenscott/index.html