From:
Betty Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 08:49:45 EDT

Approximately one week ago we inquired about GF peanut butters. We received 46
learned from you.

Many of you mentioned several brands of GF peanut butter.  We have tabulated
them in order of preference (times mentioned).  Most of you mentioned more
than one brand.

1) Jif -- all brands -- 18.  One person reported an adverse reaction to Jif
products.
2)Skippy --creamy, crunchy, super crunchy, roasted honey nut -- 12.  One
person reported adverse reaction to Skippy.
3)Smuckers natural -- 12
4)Natural or Organic from health food stores or "make your own" -- 10
5)Peter Pan -- 5
6)Arrowhead; Adams natural -- 4 each
7)Planters, creamy and crunchy; Reeses; Real Brand, creamy and crunchy; Walnut
Acres, all; S&W Nutradiet, no salt added -- 3 each
8)Featherweight; Teddy's All Natural; Meijer's, creamy and crunchy; Erewhon --
l each.

Another person stated that all Kraft peanut butters are GF.  We are not
certain which brands are produced by Kraft.
Another person mentioned that all store-bought peanut butters have caused
adverse reactions.

Thanks again to all of you who helped us in our search for a tasty, GF peanut
butter.  We cannot endorse any brand, as we have not yet tried any.   But,
hopefully, we can now enjoy peanut butter again.

Carl in Ohio